Ok, ok. So I have a major bento box lunch obsession. Turns out I also have an obsession with homemade lunchables. I’m keeping it classic with a ham and cheese version today, but there may just be a pizza lunchables in your future!
Let’s face it. No one wants to spend a lot of time making and packing lunches, which is why I love homemade lunchable “snack” lunches like this one so much! The components themselves don’t require a lot of prep. A little slicing is all it takes!
Let me show you how to make homemade lunchables – it’s so easy! And be sure to show me your versions, I want to see them! Tag me at @myeverydaytable on instagram and facebook. ?
How to Make Healthy Homemade Lunchables:
So traditional lunchables contain crackers, turkey/ham, cheese, and oreo cookies. How do I know this? Because I just got them for my kids, and shared why I think it’s a-ok.
But, I think my homemade lunchables version is wayyyyyy better and it’s packed with a lot more nutritious ingredients than the original version.
I included the typical ham, cheese, and crackers but added some color and fresh produce with red pepper strips and kiwi.
Tools to Make Lunchables:
There are a few tricks and tools that I’ve found make both homemade lunchables AND bento box lunches easier!
- Lunchbots stainless steel bento box containers. These are our favorite! They aren’t cheap, but they hold up SO well, we use ours often and they are still in great shape.
- Silicone muffin liners. You can use these as muffin tins, yes, but I love portioning out items with them too. If your kids don’t like foods to touch, these will help!
- Dip containers. Because ranch solves all.
- Crinkle cutter. See how the kiwi has crinkles? It’s all the cutter! Also perfect for cucumbers and carrot chips.
- Food picks. These food picks are really great for kids who are hesitant to try new foods OR if your kids don’t like to touch certain textures (think kiwi or mango). (Some of the picks in this set are really small, so make sure you don’t give them to young kids!)
More Bento Box Lunch Ideas:
Make your own healthy and homemade lunchables. This nutritious lunch is so EASY to make! Plus, I’m sharing my favorite tools for bento box lunches!
- 2 oz. deli ham
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 serving crackers
- 3/4 cup bell pepper strips
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- 1 kiwi
- Roll up deli ham and slice into small pieces.
- Slice or cube cheese.
- Slice bell pepper.
- Add all of the components to your bento box or container.
- If you need a more substantial meal, add more of each component!
Keywords: bento box lunch, lunch ideas