We are all a little jumpy over the Corona virus – and we all know that panic is counterproductive. The best thing to do is stay focused and listen to what the WHO and CDC and other medical authorities tell us. Dr. Sanjay Gupta from CNN has a useful podcast Fact Vs. Fiction.
But for some of us, anxiety and panic seems inescapable, so this newsletter is for you – or for your relevant love ones.
Thank you so much,
Sidra, David and Tongka
Anxiety & Fear: Solutions
Different People, Different Cures
1) Roll Breathing
2) Modified Progressive Muscle Relaxation
2. Point and curl toes downward.
3. Clench your thighs hard.
4. Press hips and buttocks together.
5. Suck abdomen into a firm knot.
6. Breathe in deep through nose, hold it in your chest, and exhale through mouth.
7. Arch the back upward and away from any support.
8. Shrug your shoulders.
9. Clench your arms into fists, bend arms at elbows, and flex biceps.
10. Stretch out wrists and forearms, and bend them backward to the wrist.
11. Extend your chin to the chest, then tilt head backward (for the neck).
12. Press your lips tightly.
13. Smile from ear to ear (for the cheeks and jaws).
14. Close your eyes tightly (remove contact lenses if any).
15. Wrinkle your forehead into a frown.
16. When you’re done, count backwards from 10 to 1 for a more rejuvenating experience.
3) Relaxation Response
When All Else Fails…..
And this time in your life – all our lives – will pass too. Use the time wisely : )